Date: Saturday April 14, 2018 Register
Location: Lake Hodges.
Start/Finish: Rancho Bernardo Community Park.
Packet Pick-up Location: Packet Pick-up will take place at the starting area. All racers will receive their bib when you check in. Make sure to get your medal when you finish then proceed to the check in tent where you will receive your custom, technical fabric race shirt and race logo pint glass.
Parking: There is ample parking at the start/finish area.
Half Marathon Start: 7 am
5K Start: 7:20 am
(Mandatory Race Day Check-in: 5:30-6:45 am FOR ALL RACE DISTANCES!)
(Parking Lot opens at: 5:30pm)
***Please have your photo ID ready to show in order to pick up your bib. You can also have a picture of YOUR ID to show on your smart phone******
Course Map Half Marathon: Note…..course is subject to mild changes depending on weather and any trail closures
Course Map 5K:
- Half Marathon: The course cut-off time is 4 hours. No finisher awards will be given for any racer not completing the course within 4 hours.
- 5K: Course cut-off time is 80 minutes. No finisher award will be given for any racer not completing the course in 80 minutes.
Aid Stations: There will be 5 aid stations on the Half Marathon course. The 5K will not have any aid stations but there will be water at the finish.
Foxy Trail 5K
- $42 – Early Bird through January 14, 2018 ($47 starts January 15)
- $47 – closes 2/14/2018 at midnight ($52 starts February 15)
- $52 – closes when race sells out
Foxy Trail Half Marathon
- $60 – Early Bird through January 14, 2018 ($75 starts January 15, 2018)
- $75 – 2/14/2018 at midnight ($82 starts February 15, 2018)
- $82 – until race sells out
Refund Policy: There are no refunds…no exceptions. Dirt Devil Racing does allow for bib transfers or distance changes 2 weeks or MORE prior to the race, however there is a $5 admin fee to do so.
Steps to CHANGE the distance you want to run:
1. You must notify the race director (Runco@sdri.net) with your request no less than 2 weeks out from the race. Give full name used for sign-up, and the NEW distance you want to run if dropping down for any reason. That’s it. Simple.
Steps to CHANGE the Racer’s Name/Info:
1. If transferring your bib to another racer … You must notify the race director of your full name used for sign-up, the full name of the the person taking your bib, and their email address. The NEW Racer must also notify the race director (Runco@sdri.net) and then go to ultrasignup.com to register their own information and sign the release. Upon completion, the NEW Racer will be prompted to pay….DO NOT at that point… but instead proceed to checkout where they will see a balance of $5.00 (This is the change fee.) If it says anything other than “$5” take a picture of the screen, get off the site, then contact Runco@sdri.net.
If all necessary information is not provided to the race director in the time-frame required, the bib will be “disqualified.” Again … No bib transfers will be accepted within 2 weeks from Race Day …….no exceptions.
Race day changes are NOT guaranteed, but every effort will be made in emergency cases only. Please see “Krista” at Bib Check-in.
Race Schwag: All finishers receive a race logo pint glass, moisture wicking race logo shirt and custom race medal.
Prizes/Awards: Prizes provided to Overall Male and Female 1st-3rd and First place Age Group Winners. Please see the Race Prizes Page for more details.
Half Marathon and Progressive Series Pricing
You must sign up for early bird/Tier 1 pricing for each individual race. Sorry but there is not an additional discount or way to sign up for all 4 at once.
- You must run all 4 races to be eligible for the series. Run all 4 Half’s or the 5K, 10K, 15K and Half.
Half Marathon Course Description: This local San Diego Trail Half Marathon runs around beautiful Lake Hodges right off of Interstate-15. The race starts at West Bernardo Park and crosses the new stone suspension bridge from the South side of the Lake to the North side. After crossing the bridge runners head west along the North Shore trail overlooking the lake. After passing through the marina runners enter a wooded area and run along the lake shore. This race is an out-n-back.
***NOTICE: Actual Course distance is 13.3 miles! This is a trail race and therefore distances can’t always be exact. Don’t worry, we won’t charge you extra for it. *** It is MANDATORY (HIGHLY SUGGESTED) that all Half Marathon runners carry at minimum 12 oz. hand bottle for hydration. This is a trail race and we are trying to eliminate the use of cups at Aid Stations to truly go green and sustainable. We need you to do your part. We will meet you half way this year … but may go completely green in 2018. So start running with a handbottle or backpack now!
The 5K is flat and fast with lots of lake views and single track technical trail. There are no aid station for the 5K so please bring your own water. This race is a loop.
Post-Race Party and Awards Ceremony: Will be held on site at Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Please bring something to eat and drink (unless you like beer….we are sponsored by Mike Hess Brewing Company so we will have beer!)
About This Race … and it’s role in the Half Marathon Animal Series:
The Foxy Trail Half Marathon is brought to you by Dirt Devil Racing.com and is the first Trail Half Marathon of four Half Marathons being held in 2018 as part of the “Animal Half Marathon Series.” All our trail races are incredible, but this Foxy out and back race is probably the most scenic course in our series.
If you plan to do the Animal Series you MUST run all FOUR races in the Animal Series. The Foxy in April, and the Wildhorse on June 14th are the first two. Raptor Ridge in August, and the final race (still undisclosed) in October completes the Series … so do NOT miss this first race!)
If you do NOT plan to do the series and just want to run a great trail Half Marathon … this is still one of the faster and most scenic Half Marathon trail courses that we offer. It sold out last year, and we expect the same this year!
Race Results: Preliminary race results will be available at the finish line. Please do not interrupt the professional timing team. Just as you want an accurate time, so do the racers that have yet to finish behind you. We will have the Overall & Age Group Winner times available when the race is finished and results will be posted by the next day on ultrasignup.com. All race times and distance placing will be available on the DirtDevilRacing.com website no later than the Wednesday after the race.
Places to Stay:
Things to Do:
Thank you too our Sponsors!