Date: Saturday June 23, 2018 Register
Location: Otay Lake City of San Diego Reservoir
Otay Lake County Park – Boat Launch
2234 Wueste Road
Chula Vista, CA 91915
Start/Finish/Parking: Otay Lake City of San Diego Reservoir. (Parking Lot opens at: 5:30pm) Click here for Directions to Start/Finish area and Parking
Packet Pick-up Location: Packet Pick-up will take place at the starting area. All racers will receive their bib when you check in. Make sure to get your medal when you finish then proceed to the check in tent where you will receive your custom, technical fabric race shirt and race logo pint glass.
Mandatory Race Day Check-in: 5:30-6:45 am FOR ALL RACE DISTANCES!
***Please have your photo ID ready to show in order to pick up your bib. You can also have a picture of YOUR ID to show on your smart phone******
Half Marathon Start: 7 am
10K Start: 7:20 am
Course Map Half Marathon: Note…..course is subject to changes depending on weather and any trail closures
Course Map 10K: Starts at the same location as the Half and turns around at mile 3.1 (there will be an aid station there)
- Half Marathon: The course cut-off time is 4 hours. No finisher awards will be given for any racer not completing the course within 4 hours.
- 10 K: Course cut-off time is 2 Hours. No finisher award will be given for any racer not completing the course in 2 Hours.
Aid Stations: There will be 5 aid stations on the Half Marathon course. The 10K will have two.
Wildhorse Trail 10K
- $47– Early Bird through March 14, 2018 ($55 starts March 15)
- $55– closes April 14,2018 at midnight ($59 starts April 15)
- $59 – closes when race sells out
Wildhorse Trail Half Marathon
- $60 – Early Bird through March 14, 2018 ($75 starts March 15, 2018)
- $75 – April 14, 2018 at midnight ($82 starts April 15, 2018)
- $82 – until race sells out
Refund Policy: There are no refunds…no exceptions. Dirt Devil Racing does allow for bib transfers or distance changes 2 weeks or MORE prior to the race, however there is a $5 admin fee to do so.
Steps to CHANGE the distance you want to run:
1. You must notify the race director (Runco@sdri.net) with your request no less than 2 weeks out from the race. Give full name used for sign-up, and the NEW distance you want to run if dropping down for any reason. That’s it. Simple.
Steps to CHANGE the Racer’s Name/Info:
1. If transferring your bib to another racer … You must notify the race director of your full name used for sign-up, the full name of the the person taking your bib, and their email address. The NEW Racer must also notify the race director (Runco@sdri.net) and then go to ultrasignup.com to register their own information and sign the release. Upon completion, the NEW Racer will be prompted to pay….DO NOT at that point… but instead proceed to checkout where they will see a balance of $5.00 (This is the change fee.) If it says anything other than “$5” take a picture of the screen, get off the site, then contact Runco@sdri.net.
If all necessary information is not provided to the race director in the time-frame required, the bib will be “disqualified.” Again … No bib transfers will be accepted within 2 weeks from Race Day …….no exceptions.
Race day changes are NOT guaranteed, but every effort will be made in emergency cases only. Please see “Krista” at Bib Check-in.
Race Schwag: All finishers receive a race logo pint glass, moisture wicking race logo shirt and custom race medal.
Prizes/Awards: Prizes provided to Overall Male and Female 1st-3rd and First place Age Group Winners. Please see the Race Prizes Page for more details.
Half Marathon and Progressive Series Pricing
You must sign up for early bird/Tier 1 pricing for each individual race. Sorry but there is not an additional discount or way to sign up for all 4 at once.
- You must run all 4 races to be eligible for the series. Run all 4 Half’s or the 5K, 10K, 15K and Half.
Half Marathon Course Description: This local San Diego Trail Half Marathon runs around beautiful Otay Lakes near the USA Olympic Training Center. The race starts at the South side of the Lake and runs along the Lake shore with a short jaunt to the upper lake and back..
***NOTICE: Actual Course distance is 13.3 miles! This is a trail race and therefore distances can’t always be exact. Don’t worry, we won’t charge you extra for it. *** It is MANDATORY (HIGHLY SUGGESTED) that all Half Marathon runners carry at minimum 12 oz. hand bottle for hydration. This is a trail race and we are trying to eliminate the use of cups at Aid Stations to truly go green and sustainable. We need you to do your part. We will meet you half way this year … but may go completely green in 2018. So start running with a handbottle or backpack now!
The 10K is flat and fast with lots of lake views and single track technical trail. The turn-around point is at the main aid station.
Post-Race Party and Awards Ceremony: Will be held on site at Otay Lakes City of San Diego Reservoir. Please bring something to eat and drink (unless you like beer….we are sponsored by Mike Hess Brewing Company so we will have beer!)
The Wildhorse Trail Half Marathon and 10K is brought to you by Dirt Devil Racing.com and is the second in the Half Marathon and Progressive Race Series. Being one of four trail half marathons (and probably the friendliest course), Wildhorse promises to deliver the ultimate in a trail running experience. If you plan to do the series, do NOT miss this second race! (If you do NOT plan to do the series … this is still one of the best Half Marathon courses we offer. It sold out last year, and we expect the same this year! The Wild Horse 10K is flat and fast with mostly lake view single track technical trail.
Traveling to San Diego for the Wild Horse Half Marathon or 10K?
San Diego has a long list of great attractions and activities for you and your family to enjoy. Just be sure to plan well ahead of time regarding your transportation to/from the race. There is not a great deal of public transportation in this particular race location.
Thank you to our sponsors:
PLEASE NOTE: Some comments listed below are from previous year’s races. Look for the date listed above the comment to see what year and race the commenter is referencing.