The Chupacabra Half Marathon and 5 Miler will be held at Sweetwater Regional Park and Reservoir in Bonita. All race details can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page. Registration is CLOSED
Date: Saturday October 20, 2018
Location: 3218 Summit Meadow Road, Sweetwater Regional Park
Start/Finish: Sweetwater Summit Regional Park
Packet Pick-up Location: Packet Pick-up will take place at the starting area under the Gazebo. All racers will receive their bib when you check in. After the race make sure to get your medal when you finish then proceed to the check in tent where you will receive your custom, technical fabric race shirt and race logo pint mug.
Parking: There is a $3 CASH ONLY fee for parking at Sweetwater Summit Regional Park. I recommend parking on San Miguel Road for free just outside the park and walking up Summit Meadow Road into the registration area at the Gazebo. MAP OF WHERE TO PARK FOR FREE
Half Marathon Start: 7 am
5 mile Start: 7:20 am
(Mandatory Race Day Check-in: 5:30-6:45 am FOR ALL RACE DISTANCES!)
Parking Lot opens at: 5:30pm or park on San Miguel Road for free
Once you park on San Miguel Road walk to Campground Road/Summit Meadow Road and turn up it taking it all the way to the top. Once you get to the check in kiosk go to your left and check in at the Gazebo. It will be dark do a flashlight or headlamp is recommended.
***Please have your photo ID ready to show in order to pick up your bib. You can also have a picture of YOUR ID to show on your smart phone******
Course Map Half Marathon: Note…..course is subject to mild changes depending on weather and any trail closures
Course Map 5 miler: coming soon. But if you look at the Half Marathon course map the 5 mile loop is the loop on the west end of the Lake.
The 5 miler and Half Marathon will follow the same course but the half marathon will continue do do the long loop on the south east side of the lake in addition to the west side loop.
- Half Marathon: The course cut-off time is 4 hours. No finisher awards will be given for any racer not completing the course within 4 hours.
- 5 miler: Course cut-off time is 3 hours. No finisher award will be given for any racer not completing the course in 3 hours.
Aid Stations: Aid Station are limited in this race due to course access. The 5 mile will have two aid stations. The Half Marathon will have 4 aid stations. It is MANDATORY THAT YOU CARRY YOUR OWN HYDRATION TO ENSURE SAFETY.
CHUPACABRA HALF MARATHON
- $65– Early Bird through July 8, 2018 ($75 starts July 9)
- $75– goes through September 9 ($82 starts September 9)
- $82– closes or when race sells out
CHUPACABRA 5 MILE
- $42 – Early Bird through July 8, 2018 ($47 starts July 9, 2018)
- $47– 2/14/2018 at midnight ($52 starts September 9, 2018)
- $52 – until race sells out
Refund Policy: There are no refunds…no exceptions. Dirt Devil Racing does allow for bib transfers or distance changes 2 weeks or MORE prior to the race, however there is a $5 admin fee to do so.
Steps to CHANGE the distance you want to run:
1. You must notify the race director (Runco@sdri.net) with your request no less than 2 weeks out from the race. Give full name used for sign-up, and the NEW distance you want to run if dropping down for any reason. That’s it. Simple.
Steps to CHANGE the Racer’s Name/Info:
1. If transferring your bib to another racer … You must notify the race director of your full name used for sign-up, the full name of the the person taking your bib, and their email address. The NEW Racer must also notify the race director (Runco@sdri.net) and then go to ultrasignup.com to register their own information and sign the release. Upon completion, the NEW Racer will be prompted to pay….DO NOT at that point… but instead proceed to checkout where they will see a balance of $5.00 (This is the change fee.) If it says anything other than “$5” take a picture of the screen, get off the site, then contact Runco@sdri.net.
If all necessary information is not provided to the race director in the time-frame required, the bib will be “disqualified.” Again … No bib transfers will be accepted within 2 weeks from Race Day …….no exceptions.
Race day changes are NOT guaranteed, but every effort will be made in emergency cases only. Please see “Krista” at Bib Check-in.
Race Schwag: All finishers receive a race logo stadium cup, moisture wicking race logo shirt and custom race medal.
Prizes/Awards: Prizes provided to Overall Male and Female 1st-3rd and First place Age Group Winners. Please see the Race Prizes Page for more details.
Half Marathon and Progressive Series Pricing
You must sign up for early bird/Tier 1 pricing for each individual race. Sorry but there is not an additional discount or way to sign up for all 4 at once.
- You must run all 4 races to be eligible for the series. Run all 4 Half’s or the 5K, 10K, 15K and Half.
***NOTICE: This is a trail race and therefore distances can’t always be exact. Don’t worry, we won’t charge you extra for it. *** It is MANDATORY (HIGHLY SUGGESTED) that all runners carry at minimum 12 oz. hand bottle for hydration. This is a trail race and we are trying to eliminate the use of cups at Aid Stations to truly go green and sustainable. We need you to do your part. We will meet you half way this year … but may go completely green in 2019. So start running with a hand bottle or backpack now! You can score a sweet one at OrangeMud.com